NYC to L.A. FOR $160

With all this talk about gas mileage I wanted to find out just how much my little Vespa ET4 was drinking. I've never paid much attention to it before, but now I AM tipping over the $5 scale, so I kept track and punched in my numbers to milesgallon.com and a few other sites. I liked this one because it mentioned that I can't do this equation for my bicycle...


Calculate Your Gas Mileage

Your gas mileage is 58.2 miles per gallon and your fuel cost is $0.06 / mile. You can't calculate the fuel consumption of your bicycle.

Your fuel consumption in some other units

4 litres / 100km
1.72 gallons (US) per 100 miles
69.9 miles per imperial gallon (UK)
0.4 litres per swedish mile (10km)
Driving from New York City to Los Angeles you would have to use about 50 gallons of gas costing you $160.

Not too shabby...

Comments

Katrina said…
thats funny that it says that you can't calculate the fuel consumption of your bicycle. there should be a website where you can enter in the food you ate that you're using to fuel yourself and in turn your bike, and it can tell you how much fuel consumption you're using. like if you were vegan and ate local food your consumption would be waaaay lower than a bicyclist that ate a steak and some fruit from chile. yep. so the fact that i ride a bike, am vegan, and shop locally pretty much makes me better than everyone else. gotta go turn my ac on now.

Popular posts from this blog

07/07/07

YES! YES! YES!

Panorama Jazz Band