Paris, Je t'aime

Ahhh, no, Paris - I - love you..
This film finally came out in New Orleans and you better believe I was there the opening weekend at Canal Place. I read about this movie a while ago, it is eighteen short stories (some French and some English) from different Paris arrondissements. Most of the stories were clever, lovely, sweet and beautiful, two were totally off-the-wall bizarre, and only a handful were sad. This will be a great DVD to own so I can create my own movie by editing out the sad stories, and watching my favorites over and over.

One of favorites was a middle-aged American tourist with a fanny pack describing the events that led up to her realizing that she had fallen in love with Paris. This hit my soft spot because I remember the precise moment this happened to me. It was not until my fourth trip to Paris that I fell in love with the city. It was the first weekend of December in 1999 the weather was goregous and the sun was going down in the Tuileries Garden. I had snatched one of those green chairs and I kept moving it further and further out so I could stay in the sun which was a gold that I've never seen any other place. My previous trips were with high school and with other people, so this was the first time I got to sit and relax and soak up Paris the way the locals do. It was one of the best afternoons of my life. Like the fanny pack woman in the movie, I'm sure I don't belong in Paris and I would probably never make any friends there - but there is something about it that made me feel like I had just had a passionate three night affair with something that loved me back.

From Quartier de la Madeleine, Elijah Wood takes cover from a vampire behind a black Vespa ET:


I was flipping out seeing MY scooter's cameo in this movie. (also used as a drug delivery vehicle in Quartier des Enfants Rouges with Maggie Gyllenhaal)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

07/07/07

YES! YES! YES!

Panorama Jazz Band